15 May 2009

On the bandwagon....

Well, with what seems like every single on of my friends on the road to better health and a slimmer waistline...I decided that I should give it ago. Last week I spent most of my "down time" at Barnes & Noble scouring the health and diet section for a lifestyle change that would easily fit into my life, and hopefully get me on the road to clothes that don't have to be bought at a special "plus size" shop. All this led me to the Flat Belly Diet, every heard of it? Well, I have read the book through, and the science behind it seems rational. The meal plan will work for me, (for the most part). The price of the ingredients is not super high. Cut to the chase, I did the Anti-bloat jump start part of the diet, and am extremely happy with my results. Granted, I know the weight lost is mostly (if not all) water weight, but I did shed a substantial amount of inches as well.
Tonight, I have to admit, I am not doing so great. But, I blame this on wonderful mother nature bringing me my "gift" (and who the hell made up THAT term? How could it ever be classified as a GIFT??) so my tummy is quite a bit upset at the moment. And for me, well lets just say good thing there are no Doritos in the house...lol will power not that great at the moment! One surprising thing, it was easy for me to give up my diet mountain dew. Gasp! I know, there has been no carbonated beverage in my system for 4 days now! Had a mild head ache the first day when I woke up, but it went away relatively quickly once I had some food in me. Don't think for a second that I quit smoking though...I am not going too overboard, baby steps people!
So, anyhow, the whole program is 32 days long, and I am anxious to see how I will fare. If all goes well, I will just continue with the diet plan to reach my goal and beyond for maintaining. If not, well then at least I will have picked up a few more healthy eating habits and still be on a better path. I figure this along with my mostly daily gym regimen, I should be losing something right? lol I mean besides money...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl! Ya know I'm here for ya for support :). I'll be your personal cheerleader (that cheering thing runs in the family, ya know?!)