02 February 2009

Go Steelers!

Well I have to say, I am glad that this gets to be my first post into the world of blogging! I watched the game last night, and now I am so tired that I cannot even stand it! Being born and raised in Pittsburgh, football (especially Steelers football) is in my blood. Wish I could have been in town for the parties that I am are still going on even as I type this entry! I am so happy that the home team won! Very proud of our guys, they deserve it!
So, me and the hubby threw a Super Bowl party last night, had about 15 people over and ate ourselves silly, and drank ourselves blind! Why does the Super Bowl have to be on a Sunday? We have to get up early on Monday and go to work, the kids have to get off to school, and people have to travel. Would it not make sense that a huge sporting event as this could be an exception to the regular schedule and be held say Friday night? Hell, even Saturday Night? Makes sense to me! That way you can stay up all night partying away the night, and not have to worry about work or school, and just have a great time? I need to put that little tidbit of information into the ears of the powers that be! Wow, every once in awhile I get a great thought! Any who, back tot eh party...we had so much food it was crazy! Hot wings, pepperoni bread, ribs, chili, cheese fondue, chocolate fondue, chips and dips of many different varieties....and I completely forgot to even make the lil' smokies and Velveeta cheese dip! Mmmm, it was tasty and now we will be eating leftovers for a month! I went all out too. Got out my Super Bowl Box (yes I have one of those) and got out the beads and leis, crepe paper, balloons, clappers, terrible towels, pom poms...Everything completely decked out in black and gold. We even had a score poll and won $15 out of it too!
Needless to say I was very happy with it, had a great time with good friends, and to top it all off, the Steelers pulled it off and won the 6th ring to add to their collection! Way to Go Steelers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll say "Yay Steelers" just for you because you KNOW I'm not doing the football thing! I must admit though, I could have gone for the party part ;)

Welcome to blog-land, by the way. Glad to see you upgrading with society - LOL - and as always - if you need help, you know the digits =). Now, I expect to hear lots of stories and tales and see lots of photos from you, woman!