26 February 2009

On this day...

....9 years ago, I became a mother for the first time in my life. I am in shock! First, I still cannot believe that i am OLD enough to be a mother to a 9 year old! Second, I am in disbelief that my baby is growing up so fast! I can remember her being so tiny (well, relatively, she was almost 10 pounds and 26 inches long at birth) and helpless, and now Thing 1 is little miss ATTITUDE!
Needless to say, she had a wonderful celebration of her birthday. She got her favorite meal for dinner, and her requested cake, and of course, presents! Sure, dad got all the kudos, cause his present was the best in her eyes, but what can you do?
I love my baby, and I am sure I will be the mother crying her eyes out at high school graduation wishing' my little bundle of joy was taking her first steps instead of getting ready to leave the nest and venture out on her own. Oh, the joys of parenthood.
Happy Birthday Honey, I love you with all my heart. You are growing up so fast...it would not hurt my feelings at all if you slowed down just a tad!
Love you with all of my heart,
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just had to go and make me cry now didn't ya?! Did you tell her happy birthday from us?

Of course dad gets all the kudos. Doesn't he always? I mean seriously, Jenn? Thing 1 and 2 BOTH have him so wrapped tight they get up every morning, look at their hands and try to decide what finger to wear him on today. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE! Big ol' frooot-cake!

Kinda hard for me to believe I'm old enough to have a 7 year old too but in all reality? I'm old enough to be a grammy if ya really think about it =\.

Love and hugs!