17 April 2009

Am I in Flordia??

Cause it FEELS like I am! I would have never guessed that in the middle of April, in Maine, that it would be 71 degrees with a slight breeze! Mind you, I am not complaining ONE BIT! But is it weird or what? Today was so nice, so beautiful, it was one of those "perfect" days in your life that you wish you could just relish for eternity...
Plus, I got an out of the blue phone call this mid morning....Got offered a job that I had applied for several months ago! So excited! Of course, it is not at the pay scale that I want, but it is a job, so I am happy! I must tell you that I love my family and all that goes along with taking care of a family 24/7, but really, deep down, I am one of those people that has to work to be happy. Whatever you may think of it, I believe that i function best when I am working. I am not talking 40 hours a week or anything like that, but I do thrive when I am out on my own and making an income (no matter how small). I guess I just feel accomplished, maybe? oh well.
Anyhow, so after I got hat call, I headed over to the NACC for a TB test (required for the job) and a work physical. After 3 attempts, the stupid corpsman *finally* got the test right. Looking at my left arm, you would think that I am a leper! Neither here nor there I suppose, test is done, have to go back on Monday for the read. Then on Tuesday I have to go into the main office to fill out the paperwork and finalize my schedule. I need to find a babysitter up here..anyone know of one?? I think I will call on a few favors owed to me and it will be alright (I hope). It would not be so bad, but today was the last day of school for the girls ( we get our spring break a week after the rest of the world apparently). FUN!!!!
Ugh, now I am just rambling. This is what you get when you want me to blog everyday! No, no I digress...It was a beautiful day, even a perfect day really and so I only hope that it gets to 50% of what we had today, tomorrow! We shall see. I hope the weekend is wonderful. Mine will be I am sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Jenn! I love you for trying but even I don't blog EVERY day. Great to hear y'all are having some nice weather. Us too. Finally. Hosting a sleepover with the BFF tomorrow. What fun that should be. Gonna be a rockin' girl party round here. Oh and about that "being in Florida thing"? YOU COULD BE!!!! Still chanting KB down here!!! So I guess I have to call to get det's on the new job, huh?! Talk to you soon. Luv & Hugs!