26 April 2009

My Weekend

This weekend was probably one of the best in quite a long while. The weather was awesome! The kids pretty much behaved, and bonus, got to spend one day with the hubster!
Let's see...Friday:
First of the nice days. You already know how it went really, during the afternoon I took the girls over to Ft. Foster. Lovely. Then we came home and I made blue cheese garlic burgers on the grill, mmm were they good! Got caught up on a few shows with the hubster, and oh yea, hubby and thing 2 went out on a motorcycle ride together for about 2 hours. All in all a real nice day.
Saturday:
Hubsters actually had the whole day off! No phone calls or anything! So, we got up, to beautiful 87 degree weather, and went out to lunch at Wings Your Way over in North Hampton (really good food). After lunch, went to mini- golf (or, as we refer to it in our home putt putt). I sadly came in second, but I still think he cheated. Bonus though, every single one of us had a hole in one! After putt putt, got the girls milkshakes (we were still full from lunch, but you know kids and ice cream) and picked up the dog, and went over to Ft. Foster again for a walk. Horrible stupid lady there, did not have her dog on a leash and then got all bitchy when I told her there is a leash law for a reason, unless you would like my dog to eat yours...Seriously. Pooch is not viscous (as you all know) but when a strange dog runs over towards her "pups" the teeth come out, and rightly so. That's why we have her, to protect us and be a part of our family. So follow the rules and control your dog, freak! Climbed on the rocks and had a nice time. Came home and vegged, cooked shrimp on the barbie, but no one ate cause we had such a big lunch and then were out in the hot sun all day, really zaps the appetite. Had fun, went to bed fairly early.
Sunday (today):
Hubster unfortunately had the dudes, but me and the kiddos went down to the zoo to meet some friends. Traffic down sucked bad ass. And did I mention it was 98 degrees today?! Yeah, you are telling me! Still in April and that hot, crazy! Zoo was hot and crowded. Left and had a picnic lunch in the park, then ventured home. Yay for me the kids go back to school tomorrow, so bed came early. Now I am just waiting to switch over the laundry and I am off to dreamland myself. My knees are killing me though. Been scarfing down Alieve like Pez candy the past few days. Boy, I guess I really should start wearing my braces, but you know I am a rebel like that. Nothing an ice cold Pina Colada won't fix!
So, all in all a super duper weekend. Hopefully the shop will call sometime this week so I can pick up my baby. Could have used the sunroof today that's for sure! Have to go in sometime this week to fill out my work papers (couldn't go last week caused I spaced when I made the appointment, forgot the kids were off). And yeah, hopefully start reading Twilight too. That's it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wear your braces!!! Stubborn!

Sounds like y'all have had some beautiful weather albeit very HOT. I only got 2 words for that and you KNOW what I'm about to say so go ahead and start laughing!


GLOBAL WARMING (you know I always have to get in my plug)